Thursday, February 2, 2012

Technology is Amazing! Check this out!


Technology from time to time we all accept as a growing and evolving human race. It's inevitable and sometimes fun. Recently I opened up my platform for MLS as I was working and this new app that was just launched really just blew me away.

Our local MLS called Northstar MLS was proud to announce that we are the first MLS to feature HomeSpotter in our NorthstarMLS for Smartphones application. HomeSpotter is a new feature that shows you MLS listings simply by aiming your iPhone or iPad at homes or condo buildings. Currently available for iPhone and iPad only, it is also coming for Android devices in the next couple months.

HomeSpotter overlays property information on your iPhone or iPad live camera feed. As you point your iPhone/iPad down the street, you see a view of the street and info on all the houses for sale pops up. There’s even a radar display that shows the direction and proximity of nearby properties for sale.

Now call me crazy but just 22 years ago when I got into the real estate business we were looking through big thick books like the "White Pages" of homes. Hands full of ink, sneezing from the fresh print like the Sunday paper makes us do. Now when I'm out showing houses I just hold my phone in the air like a magic wand and everything we need to know in the neighborhood is on my phone.

I know we all sit back sometimes and say "whats next"! But seriously what is next? We are going to have Avatar's out looking for homes and report back with the one you should buy?!

Crazy world we are in, but fun technology for sure! Email me if you want to go out and we'll hold our phones to the sky and find a house for you!

No comments: